What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual. It does not include your business contact information when used for business related communications, or anonymous or aggregate information which does not identify you.
For the most part, we collect information about you when you give it directly to us. For example, when you set up a NISHI PEARLS profile, make a purchase, participate in an event, promotion or contest or reach out to us. Like many companies, we automatically collect technical data when you use our website.
· visit, shop and use our website www.NISHIPEARLS.com;
· make a purchase directly from us, or from one of our independent luxury brand partners;
· attend one of our events or participate in a promotion and/or contest, if any; and
· communicate with us by telephone, email, social media or other means.
How do we collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information in the following ways:
· when you use our website, make an online purchase, create a profile, browse our website and interact with our online features (such as chat, messaging, commenting or rating);
· when you communicate with us in person, by mail, over the telephone, through our website or in any other direct manner, including social media; and
· when you use our services, participate in a promotion or event, or enter a contest.
What type of Personal Information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect the following type of Personal Information:
· Profile: If you create a profile with us, we may collect your name, address and other contact details. We use this information to register you and maintain your profile, and to contact you about products, services, special offers, programs, contests, promotions or events that we reasonably believe may be of interest to you;
· Purchase: When you make an online purchase, we will collect your billing information, such as credit card or other payment number, address and contact information. Before completing your order, you may be asked to provide certain contact information (such as your name and e-mail address). We collect this information to process your purchase and any returns.
· Location: We may collect geolocation data. We do this through our collection of information such as IP address or postal codes when you interact with us online.
We collect and use the above Personal Information to, without limitation: (i) respond to your inquiries, requests, or complaints; (ii) provide, manage and improve our products and services; (iii) investigate and address legal matters; and (iv) for such other purposes as you may consent, or as permitted or required by applicable law.
With whom do we share Personal Information?
We generally identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure – unless disclosure without consent is permitted or required by law.
In addition, we may transfer your Personal Information to service providers that are assisting us with permitted purposes. We ensure that those service providers are subject to appropriate privacy standards.
In order for us to provide you with our products and services, we require help from third parties. We may transfer your Personal Information to service providers that help us:
· provide our products and services, or otherwise fulfill your purchases;
· process payments and verify credit card details;
· provide customer service;
· store and protect Personal Information; or
· promote and market our products, services and programs.
We may disclose your Personal Information for purposes for which you consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information where necessary to protect our interests or in the event of a sale or transfer of all or part of NISHI PEARLS. For example, disclosure may be necessary:
· to detect or prevent fraud or theft;
· to protect our personnel and customers;
· to enforce contracts, including our Terms and Conditions;
· in connection with a merger with another entity;
· to insure or securitize our assets, or
· to engage in another form of corporate or financing transaction.
We may disclose Personal Information with government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies as requested by these authorities, if the disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Do we aggregate and anonymize data?
We may use Personal Information to prepare aggregated user statistics or information summaries to describe our services and their popularity to our suppliers and prospective advertisers and for other lawful purposes. We aggregate Personal Information in a way that is highly unlikely to result in any individuals being identified.
How do we keep Personal Information safe?
We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized use, access, modification, destruction or disclosure. We require our third party service providers to use similar safeguards to those we use. In some cases, we also rely on you to safeguard your Personal Information.
Where is Personal Information stored?
Your Personal Information is stored and/or processed or otherwise used by us or on our behalf in Canada, and unless prohibited by law, Personal Information may be stored or processed in, or accessed from, other jurisdictions or countries.
Personal Information stored in other jurisdictions may be subject to the laws of those jurisdictions, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
How long do we keep Personal Information?
4858-0209-8989, v. 3